Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Stage magic at a wedding

My room

During the weekend, I was asked to do some magic at a wedding. I did 15 minutes of magic on a small stage in front of everyone, and later did some table magic at some of the tables too. There were around 80 guests there, and they were seated so that it was a bit difficult to make sure everyone could see me at the same time (there were pillars and staircases blocking the view). I moved around a bit so everyone should be able to see what was going on, and there was a camera crew there shooting the whole thing and showing it live on lots of big screen TVs spread out through the room too.

I did the magic coloring book, a very quick card trick with a huge deck of cards, produced large amounts of flowers from an empty paper bag, and did a reversed mind read trick where the groom was supposed to mind read from my mind which card I had put in an envelope (John Archer's version of the Kolossal Killer). I also did a gag trick with some small silk handkerchiefs and a panda, and then as a finale a card signed by the bride ended up inside a sealed (unopened) bottle of tea.

It was a lot of fun for me, and the guests seemed to enjoy it too. There was especially one older (?) man at a table near the stage that kept shouting funny comments to the things I were saying.

I had a huge room (bigger than my apartment) to wait around in back stage, and since the sound check was at 17:30 and my stage show at 20:00, I spent quite a lot of time there, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment